Crownview Psychiatric Institute provides personalized residential treatment and comprehensive wraparound support for adults whose lives have been impacted by mental illness.
Continuum of Care
Treatment at our center is provided through a residential program, a partial hospitalization program (PHP), and two intensive outpatient programs (IOP-5 and IOP-3).
- Residential: Our residential treatment program is the most intensive therapeutic option we offer. Treatment in our residential program is appropriate for patients who need a full day of treatment, extensive support, and a high level of medical monitoring.
- PHP: Many clients then step down to the PHP level of treatment, where they receive six hours of care per day, five days per week.
- IOP-5: After a client has made appropriate progress, they typically step down to our IOP-5. At this level, they take part in three hours of daily treatment, five days per week.
- IOP-3: As a client prepares to transition out of our care, they transfer to our IOP-3. Here, they receive three hours of treatment, three days per week.
Typical length of stay at Crownview Psychiatric Institute is two to four months. As is the case with all elements of care at our center, the amount of time a person remains in treatment is determined solely by their needs and progress.
Types of Therapy
Each person who receives care at Crownview Psychiatric Institute follows a personalized treatment plan that includes an array of research-supported services.
Depending on a client’s unique circumstances, their care may include medication management and a variety of evidence-based therapeutic modalities. The therapeutic component of treatment may incorporate the following modalities:
- Unified protocol for transdiagnostic treatment of emotional disorders
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT)
- Diagnostic behavior therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization & reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- Prolonged exposure (PE) therapy
- Cognitive remediation therapy (CRT)
- Acceptance & commitment therapy (ACT)
- Creative arts therapy
- Attachment-based therapy
- Narrative therapy approaches
- Solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT)
- Strengths-based therapy
- Seeking Safety
- Crisis intervention
Crownview clients participate in both individual and group therapy sessions. Specialized groups at our center include trauma education, trauma processing, positive psychology, music, self-expression, wellness, and physical activities.
Our wellness and physical activities groups may involve yoga, breathwork, acupuncture, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), and a variety of other closely supervised experiences.
In addition to our core programming, we also offer several adjunct services. These services, which are provided at an additional cost, include the following testing and treatment options:
- GeneSight® testing
- Psychological testing
- IV vitamins
- IV ketamine
- Spravato® treatment
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) therapy
- Stellate ganglion block (SGB) therapy
Before we add any of these adjunct options to a client’s treatment plan, a member of our team will fully explain their features, benefits, and associated costs.
Mental health disorders impact different people in different ways. At Crownview Psychiatric Institute, our team takes the time to get to know each client as a unique individual, so that we can address the full scope of their needs. This includes both quality clinical care and comprehensive wraparound support.
Examples of our wraparound support services include nutrition education, life skills instruction, work skills training, and case management. Our case managers assist clients with a broad scope of tasks and responsibilities, including (but by no means limited to) getting a driver’s license, navigating the local public transportation system, applying for benefits, and looking for a job.
Our commitment to our clients is not limited to the hours when treatment is in session. We offer supportive housing options for current clients and for those who have already completed our programming:
- While clients are enrolled in our program, they live in supportive residences near our treatment center. These houses are staffed by trained professionals. Benefits of our supportive housing include round-the-clock supervision and transportation to and from treatment.
- After clients complete treatment, they may move into one of our transitional homes. The staff at these homes offer continued support to assist clients as they seek employment and otherwise prepare to establish a healthy independent lifestyle.
Our supportive residences and transitional homes are located in quiet neighborhoods throughout the Oceanside area.
Learn More Today
To learn more about our programs and services, please don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience. A member of our team will be happy to answer all your questions, so that you can make the most informed decisions for yourself or on behalf of a loved one.