A Full Day of Treatment: Working Toward Independence
If your mental health disorder disrupts or prevents you from meeting the responsibilities of daily life – but you’re capable of managing personal tasks related to hygiene, sleeping, and eating – then the PHP level of care may be appropriate for you. At the PHP level of care, you spend a full day in treatment, where your only goal is to learn, heal, and grow. We have the knowledge and skill to support your complex disorder: we specialize in helping patients with challenging mental health and/or co-occurring disorders who’ve been unsuccessful in other treatment programs. We’re experts at creating an innovative program that gives you the best chance of long-term success.
What is Partial Hospitalization Treatment (PHP)?
- Patients in our PHP treatment program participate in a full day of therapy, counseling, educational workshops, and adjunct therapies.
- Six hours of treatment, five days a week
- Patients live off-site in Crownview housing
- Transportation to and from Crownview is include in the program.
- Weekdays evenings may include peer support meetings or treatment/recovery homework.
- Weekends are for independence: patients in our PHP treatment program have the opportunity to apply the practical skills they learn M-F, then return to treatment Monday to report, recalibrate, and revise.
What Happens During Partial Hospitalization Treatment?
Each patient at Crownview begins treatment the same way: with comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment. Administered by a skilled team of experienced clinicians our assessment identifies your areas of strength and your areas of needed improvement. We learn as much as we can about you, including your personal history, your treatment history, and your treatment goals. We use what we learn to design an individualized plan thar includes a full array of wraparound services.
Each plan has several components, organized and delivered to give you the greatest chance of treatment success. The innovative combination of core components makes treatment plans at Crownview unique and effective.
Partial Hospitalization Programs at Crownview: Core Components
Psychotherapy is the core of treatment at Crownview. Our licensed psychiatrists are full-time Crownview employees, on call 24/7 to support patients in programs at all levels of care. This increases the quality, depth, and healing potential of the patient/therapist relationship.
Types of therapy include:
- Individual therapy/counseling
- Group therapy/counseling
- Family therapy/counseling
Modes of psychotherapy include:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Solution-Focused Therapies
- EMDR (Eye Movement and Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Trauma-informed therapy (CBT, DBT, and EMDR)
Medication (as indicated)
Medication stabilizes some patients and forms a foundation for more sustainable therapies that may work in lieu of medication. Our goal is to reduce or eliminate medication when possible. In some cases, medication is not required for long-term treatment success. Our treatment team monitors medication daily, and all medication-related decisions are made in collaboration with the patient and their dedicated medical team.
Medications may include:
Experiential therapies support, but never replace, our primary psychotherapeutic modes like CBT and DBT. These techniques empower patients with skills that increase distress tolerance, manage emotions, decrease reactivity, and help them form productive habits they can use on their terms, in a way that works for them, for as long as they need them. In many cases, these experiential therapies can increase quality of life and reduce the need for medication.
Experiential therapies include, but are not limited to:
We offer a wide array of state-of-the-art adjunct services that support the primary components in our treatment plans. Adjunct services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Stellate ganglion block therapy (SGB)
- TMS (trans-cranial magnetic stimulation)
- Acupuncture (by request)
- Equine Therapy (horses)
- GeneSight® testing
- IV vitamins
- IV ketamine
- Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) therapy
Adjunct services are provided at an additional cost.
Group workshops help patients develop emotional resilience, learn practical coping skills, and set realistic, big-picture goals for life. In some cases, a mental health disorder impairs a patient’s ability to perform essential daily tasks, engage productive relationships, and cooperate with others. Educational workshops help patients rebuild these skills and work toward independence.
- Nutrition coaching
- Relationship skills
- Communication skills
- Independent/cooperative living skills
At the beginning of treatment, we assign each patient a case manager. These skilled, motivated individuals play an important role in treatment. It’s their job to look at the big picture and keep everyone – patients and clinicians alike – on task and on target. They coordinate the treatment planning process, organize its components, and ensure they work together to change areas of challenge into areas of strength for every patient. This approach gives every individual at Crownview the best chance at living an independent and fulfilling life after completing their formal treatment program.
In addition to their role in treatment planning and patient monitoring, case managers support patients in the following ways:
- Teaching life skills, including but not limited to:
- Housekeeping, personal hygiene, personal financial planning
- Developing vocational skills, including but not limited to:
- Job search workshops, job application workshops, interview skills, mock interviews, career prep workshops
Case managers connect patients with community resources that help them realize both treatment needs and life goals. The ultimate objective for every patient is an independent life lived on their own terms: that’s our big picture goal, and case managers focus on helping every patient at Crownview achieve that goal.
Your Life, Your Terms, Your Goals
At every level of care, we develop comprehensive treatment plans tailored to your specific needs. We specialized in complex psychiatric conditions, which means we believe we can help you even if you haven’t experience success at other treatment centers. When you commit to a program at Crownview, you learn and practice the symptom management, relationship, and life skills necessary to take charge of your life and reach highest the level of independence possible.