The Time to Focus on You
When a severe mental health disorder disrupts your ability to participate in the basic activities of daily life, you may need to spend time away from your typical daily environment and the factors that exacerbate the symptoms of your disorder. Our residential treatment program gives you the time and space you need to get the individualized, targeted care that can help you work toward a full, fulfilling, and independent life. Time spent in immersive residential treatment – where your only goal is to learn, heal, and grow – can make all the difference. We specialize in supporting patients with challenging disorders, patients who have not experienced success in other programs, and patients who need the expert guidance of skilled treatment professionals who specialize in complex mental health and/or co-occurring disorders.
What is Residential Treatment?
- Patients in our residential treatment program spend more time participating in therapy, counseling, educational workshops, and adjunct therapies than patients in our partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient levels of care.
- It’s the most immersive level of care we offer.
- Patients live off-site in Crownview housing and participate in six hours of treatment, five days a week.
- Transportation to and from Crownview is include in the program.
- Weekdays evenings may include workshops, peer support meetings, or independent recovery homework.
- On weekends, patients participate in various therapeutic activities, field trips, and special events designed to support healing and offer a break from the immersive nature of the Monday-Friday schedule.
What Happens During Residential Treatment?
Each patient at Crownview begins their treatment journey with a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment. This assessment, administered by skilled, experienced clinicians, allows us to learn everything we can about the factors that contribute to your disorder. We identify your areas of strength and your areas of needed improvement. We get to know you, your personal history, your treatment history, and your treatment goals. We use everything we learn to collaborate with you on a customized treatment plan thar includes a full suite of wraparound services.
Each treatment plan has several components, which our expert clinicians organize in manner that gives you the greatest chance of treatment success. The customized, innovative combination of these core components make residential treatment at Crownview unique.
Residential Treatment Programs at Crownview: Core Components
Psychotherapy is the core of treatment at Crownview. Our licensed psychiatrists are full-time Crownview employees, on call 24/7 to support patients in programs at all levels of care. This gives patients more access to expert support than a typical treatment center, and increases the quality, depth, and healing potential of the patient/therapist relationship.
Types of therapy include:
- Individual therapy/counseling
- Group therapy/counseling
- Family therapy/counseling
Modes of psychotherapy include:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Solution-Focused Therapies
- EMDR (Eye Movement and Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Trauma-informed therapy (CBT, DBT, and EMDR)
Medication (as indicated)
We use medications to stabilize and build a foundation for other, more sustainable therapies. Our goal is to reduce, or in some cases, eliminate the use of medications when no longer necessary for long-term health and well-being. Clinicians monitor medication daily, and decisions about medication initiation, dosage, and continuation/discontinuation are the result of collaborative communication between the patient and treatment team.
Medications may include:
Experiential therapies support our primary therapies. These techniques teach patients empowering skills that help manage stress, gain perspective on thoughts and emotion, decrease emotional reactivity, and develop healthy habits they can use in their own way, in their own time, for the rest of their lives. For many patients, experiential therapies help reduce or remove the need for ongoing medication.
Experiential therapies include, but are not limited to:
We offer a suite of cutting-edge services that support our primary therapeutic curriculum. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Stellate ganglion block therapy (SGB)
- TMS (trans-cranial magnetic stimulation)
- Acupuncture (by request)
- Equine Therapy (horses)
- GeneSight® testing
- IV vitamins
- IV ketamine
- Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) therapy
Adjunct services are provided at an additional cost.
The key to long-term success is developing emotional resilience, building coping skills, and shaping realistic goals for life. Educational workshops help individuals whose symptoms have impaired their ability to perform basic life tasks, engage in productive relationships, and live or work with other people. Consistent, day-to-day practice of these skills helps our patients envision an independent future.
Workshops may include:
- Nutrition coaching
- Relationship skills
- Communication skills
- Independent/cooperative living skills
We assign a case manager to each patient at the beginning of their treatment program. Case managers consider the big picture and connect all the dots. They lead the cooperative effort to conceptualize the treatment plan and coordinate its constituent components, so they synergize effectively, and transform areas of challenge into areas of strength. This approach gives patients the best chance at living an independent and fulfilling life in the years to come.
In addition to playing an important role in creating a treatment plan and monitoring patient progress, case managers also support patients with the following:
- Life skills, including but not limited to:
- Housekeeping, personal hygiene, personal financial planning, grocery shopping,
- Work skills, including but not limited to:
- Job search workshops, job application workshops, interview skills, mock interviews, career prep workshops
Case managers work to connect patients with local community resources that help patients meet their treatment needs and life goals. The ultimate objective for every patient is an independent life lived on their own terms: that’s our big picture goal, and case managers focus on helping every patient at Crownview achieve that goal.
Your Life, Your Terms, Your Goals
At every level of care, we develop comprehensive treatment plans tailored to your specific needs. We specialized in complex psychiatric conditions, which means we believe we can help you even if you haven’t experience success at other treatment centers. When you commit to a program at Crownview, you learn and practice the symptom management, relationship, and life skills necessary to take charge of your life and reach highest the level of independence possible.